In two courses, our training partner Dr. Stephan Rein shares his knowledge about the administration of the Open Source backup solution. Originally planned as on-site workshops, the courses now happen online. Due to the new format, they are half-day courses. Both workshops are in German language.
Bareos, Level 1:
- Introduction to Bareos
- Differences between Bacula and Bareos
- Installation and Update
- Basic Configuration
- Backup and Restore
- Backup Strategies
- Volume Management I: (Backup2Disk)
- Volume LifeCycle Management
- Bareos Tools/Utilities
- Disaster Recovery (NEW: Disaster Recovery with Bareos and ReaR)
Bareos, Level 2:
- Volume Management II: (Backup2Disk2Tape)
- Backup on Tape
- Autoloader/Tape Library
- Migration and Replication (Copy Jobs)
- Bareos scaled/parallelized: Concurrent Jobs
- Synthetic/virtual Full Backup
- Encrypting your Data
There will be plenty of exercises that the participants perform on their own computers (prerequisite: Windows, macOS or Linux). Exercises take place in specially provided virtual Linux servers running in VirtualBox. The participants work with PuTTY (Windows) or SSH (Linux, macOS). Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with the Linux console and a text editor (e.g. Nano, Joe, Emacs, Vi(m) etc.).
Level 1 costs 1188 Euro (including VAT), Level 2 is 712 Euro. If you'd like to combine the courses, they cost 1664 Euro in total. Please register via the backup & recovery website and drop us an email.